Summer Solstice ....


20th June 2020 (Saturday- Summer Solstice)     05.30 ....The sky is overcast
Elie and Earlsferry this morning.
so there was never going to be a visible sunrise from Chapel Green this morning but;  with it being the Summer Solstice I thought I wander down to the beach to take a few beach photos at sunrise time:   well was I in for a surprise.   Any other year I’ve had the beach (actually Chapel Green usually) to myself....  this year there was a party of swimmers celebrating the Solstice.   It looked like a private party so I didn’t go onto the beach but did get a few distant shots .... with the granary and the lighthouse in the distance just to identify the location.   It is now breakfast time.


09.00   With the sun having burnt back the early cloud we have a crackin’ mornin’ now... with a westerly breeze.... I can breathe again:  UV is high (note to me – “remember sun-cream”), as is pollen but pollution is low and it’s the pollution that gets me.   I haven’t been for the paper;  I did an ironing then fell asleep in front of the
Kirsty and Myra.
tele. but I have had two showers;  It was only when I stepped into the shower that I remembered that I’d already had one at 04.00.   I think I’ll have another cuppa.... and another breakfast.


20.00    My word it has been a cracker of a day.... proper summer weather.   Of course with it being so warm the villages were busy;  Ferry Road was ‘going like a mill ‘ most of the day.   Not that I was watching it but every time I made a cuppa it the road was busy;  as was the beach.    With Ferry Road being busy I never went out on the bike. 
 
The original plan was to bike up to Myra’s for ‘morning coffee’ but I decided to  walk
The Ferry beach at midday.
instead;  it takes a while but I photographed my way along the High Street, had coffee with Myra and Kirsty then photographed my back, by way of the bents, with Myra who was having her morning exercise walk.    It was midday when  Myra and I walked  along the bents and already the beach was busy.
I had thought of going out in the afternoon but  the combination of busy roads and the hot sun had me resting in and outside the Hutte for most of the afternoon.   I fair enjoyed  myself and, unbelievably, I am tired .   It must have been the heat.

Tomorrow is forecast to be wet early then ‘sunny spells’ later:  when will we have a long spell of bonnie weather?.... that’s what we need.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....