Sunny and warm ....


24th June 2020 (Wednesday)      06.30 ....It’s sunny and already warm this
The Breakwater.
morning;  a lovely start to what is going to be a hot day.   There’s a  thin layer of high cloud but that will burn off quickly.    Pollen is VH, Ultra Violet H (note to me – sun cream) with Pollution 'L'. 


I’ll get the bike out but not in the afternoon.    At the moment the light breeze is from the southwest but is forecast to ‘back’ towards the east later in the afternoon/evening.   Must go slight flap on.... there’s a lovely morning to be enjoyed.

10.00    It is an absolute cracker of a mornin’:  I’ve been for the paper, via the Breakwater and the harbour then home by way of Elie Estate.   The villages were quite though I met one of the ‘Blue Tits Club’ getting ready to go for a swim off the Breakwater.    The water was enticing but still cold at this time of year.   I also met
Elie harbour.
Dougie, up at the loch, where he was sorting out the pump end of a system for watering tautties in a nearby field, using water from the loch.   It’s a lovely day and I might just go out on the bike again .... after ‘morning coffee’.   


21.00     My word it has been a cosy day;   24C on the garden thermometer at three o’clock, so I went out at 16.30, to Elie (the Chemist).  That reminds me the bike battery will be charged I’d better go and disconnect the charger.  I set off from the Chemist intending to go to the harbour, but I could see, from The Terrace,  that the harbour beach and the whole harbour area was really busy  so the plan was rapidly changed and I went through the estate for the second time today.   Even the estate road was busy:  of course on days like this during the summer we can expect the East Neuk to be really crowded.... especially so once the restrictions are lifted.   I think the date for hairdressers opening
Early morning swimmers.
is the 15th July.   When do the pubs open?   At the moment I can bike freely around the villages at mealtimes because everyone is eating at home.... that will change when the pubs open:   That said it will be good to see the village returning to some kind of ‘normal’ ....I have a feeling our villages could be awfie busy this summer if we get a decent spell of sunny weather.


Tomorrow is going to be another sun cream day;    warmer than today inland but slightly cooler on the East coast because of the easterly breeze.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....