Cloudy and cool ....


3rd June 2020 (Wednesday)      06.30 .... There’s a cool wind (F4) from  the
Bonnie it is ....  but there's a cold wind.
North east with a fair amount of cloud, but it’s dry after some (but not enough) overnight rain:  it’s a nice enough morning but colder.    I’ll get the bike out to go for the paper and do my ‘normal’ scuttle round the villages and through the estate;   I don’t think the estate road will be too wet.



09.30     The estate road is fine;  wet but not muddy.    There has been a bit of rain overnight but the ground is crying out for more.    The wind is cold.... in fact it feels more like late October than the beginning of June;  that said it’s a braw day for going out but you need a jacket.    I did... but then I was on the bike.   When the sun goes ahent a cloud that’s when you feel the cold.... and there are a lot of clouds about.

Main Street - Kilconquhar.

18.00    My goodness there has been a cold feel to the air.... and the next few days are to be similar.    I went up to Kinneuchar in the afternoon just for a bit of exercise;  I was wearing my winter cycling togs.   I got a few photos from the kirkyard and chatted to Olive and Irene who were out for their afternoon exercise.   As I was.   I did intend to come home by way of Shell Bay and Grangehill but the bike battery was down to two bars so I went through the estate for the second time today.    Stewart was busy cutting the verges but I managed to circumnavigate him and got to the boathouse.   There was a family on the road so I waited until they were off the road and ‘took orf’;   managing to get a shot of Stewart before I did so.    The main road was busy with vehicles;  the village streets being busy with folks perambulating.


21.00    This cold spell is curtailing my gardening activities:   I didn’t do anything in
Stewart bumbling along the estate road.
the garden today!   What’s new?    Er ... aye ... I didn’t do much in the hot weather either.   As far as I can see we’re going to have plenty of time to do gardening etc.   I will tell you what I have taken to doing lately;  thinking about ‘the good old days’.   I’ll be sitting doing something on the computer when I suddenly think of Balcarres, Crathes, my National Service days;   I guess it’s because the future is slightly alarming now.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....