Nice, albeit cold, afternoon...


12th November 2019 (Tuesday)      07.30 ..... Oh dear .... we have
Nice morning after the earlier rain..... but cold.
another boring, grey and wet morning so I have yet to go further than the front gate.... another two steps would take me to the car door,  so I might just do that, once the sky brightens up a bit.   At the moment it’s time for another cuppa.    We’re forecast to have a couple of sunny spells at around midday by which time the rain should be petering out.   Right now I'm a 'happy me' .... I'm sorting the photographs of the WRI girls into chronological order and transferring them onto a memory stick..... the sun is about to shine in Ivy Cottage.



Elie Sailing Club with the granary beyond.
11.30     I took advantage of the recent sunny spell and went to the beach;  it was quite pleasant in the lee of the dunes.   There’s a cold wind blowin’ from the northerly direction... in fact it feels wintry.... and a lot of heavy clouds heading south (towards Northumbria;  they have had their share of rain of late, and it looks like they’re still getting rain.
The WRI girls photos are all in order:   all I need to do is transfer the folder onto a ‘stick’. The varnishing has been done and the girls sorted, now I’m wondering what I’ll do next?    A cuppa?...yes...  that is a good ‘plan’.


16.30    I had a run out in the car this afternoon; up to Kinneuchar then the Lathallan junction and home by way of Balcarres Estate and Colinsburgh.... it was enjoyable, but I’d have been happier on the bike;  however there was no chance of that today.   The
"Ocean Greatwhite".
weather is going to be brighter, drier and colder tomorrow.... in fact frost is forecast for ‘KY9’ for tomorrow morning.... if it isn’t too cauld I might get the bike out.



19.00   For me it has been a strange kind of day but I content at the end of it, having done the stuff that I wanted to do plus a few other things.   As I said earlier tomorrow is going the be brighter but colder;  that’s the kind of weather I like at this time of year:  grey and wet days make me feel lacklustre.    Although I moan about our weather the folk around Doncaster etc have much more to complain about having suffered serious flooding around that area for the past week.   Feeling lacklustre is nothing compared to what they must be feeling.    Shocked and vulnerable I should imagine.  

21.00    It’s a lovely night; the sky is clear, there’s a full moon and I’d say it is a braw evening for a daunder roond the village;  but it’s just a wee bit too cold for that .... it’s going to be frosty tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....