Thick fog ....


27th November 2019 (Wednesday)      09.00 .... thick fog and damp...
Pittenweem.
not a bonnie morning, but at least it’s not raining;  though it might as well be ‘cos everything is wet anyway.    I’ll circumnavigate the villages in the car when I go for the paper but I think that might be the extent of my outdoor activities today.    Outdoor activities? ..... inside the car?     It’s that kind of morning. 

 

11.30     We have the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Bite Lunch’ (soup and sweet) today at 12.30... that will brighten up our day.    Just now we are all on ‘full alert’ for a one hour long ‘sunny spell’ that is forecast for sometime today:   sun cream and shorts on ‘standby’.    
Elie.
I’ve been out in the car;  all the way to ‘the ‘Braes’ at Pittenweem, then back to Harbour House for morning coffee with ‘The Troops’.   It’s been  an enjoyable morning.... but the weather puts a damper (literally) on everything.... with Scotch Mist blowing in from the North Sea.


14.30    The ‘Lite Lunch’ was really busy today;  in fact Irene had to bring in another table.    There was happy banter all round the hall;  I’d say that the loudest table  was Lexie’s.    Colinsburgh certainly did brighten up our day:  and I don’t think the sunny spell ever arrived.    Usually I come home via Balcarres but not today as the higher estate was under low cloud.    Now I need ‘50’ .... I’ll dream about tomorrow’s sunny spells.


16.00    As the light part of the day comes to an end we have a few holes,  well not so much ‘holes’ as paler patches, appearing in the general greyness;  we might get sunny
Main Street, Colinsburgh.
spells tomorrow.    I must admit that, apart from morning coffee and the Colinsburgh lunch it has been a dreary kind of day.    However there is hope;  the wind direction is due to change to the Westerly airt on Friday, and that is bound to bring an improvement  in the weather .... and , for me anyway, the chance to shake of the cough.   I was talking to William ‘T’ at Colinsburgh and he was saying it took nearly four weeks for him to lose the cough.   In the meantime I’m going to have another cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....