Dreich morning ....


23rd November 2019 (Saturday)    09.00 .... It’s not a pretty looking
Elie High Street.
morning, but it hasn’t stopped the geese flying in from Aberlady Bay, brightening the morning with their goose conversations, as they head for their breakfast, lunch and supper on the stubble fields of the East Neuk.   That reminds me I’d better have my breakfast.
Actually I’m feeling sluggish this morning having had a long coughing session in the middle o’ the night.    I managed to read a few Chapters of my book but I’d rather have had the sleep.


12.30    Surprise, surprise .... I remembered to go to Colinsburgh Library to buy  this year’s ‘Colinsburgh Calendars’ and I’m well pleased with them:  I bought four.   All the photos are interesting and pin  sharp.    Not only that,  I found a parking space
Kincraig Cliffs - Earlsferry.
immediately across from the Library.    Today was the first time I’d been in the ‘Galloway Library’ since 1958 .... so now I’m feeling a touch of nostalgia coming on.    Oh and while I’m writing about Colinsburgh,  Dan Gautreau, a British songwriter, producer and mixer has converted Colinsburgh Kirk into his new Studio .... click on ‘Recording Studio’ to take Dan’s guided tour.   It lasts for seven and a half minutes.... a lot of it is about the technical stuff but it is interesting to see what he has done with the kirk.   Absolutely amazing.



19.00    I think we could say that the weather today has been of the ‘seriously dreich’
Macduff's cave.
variety;  really wet and miserable.   I haven’t been out at all in the afternoon.... in fact I had the urge to hibernate for a couple of days.   Tomorrow’s weather is going to be overcast and wet but not as bad as it has been today.   I managed to do a bit o’ work;  and browse a few sunny Folders of photos from a few years ago.
Plan for tomorrow?    I don’t think it’s going to involve much exercise;  not if the weather is as forecast.    I suppose it could be a good working day:  right now the plan is to have a cuppa,  print off a few cards, then have an early night in bed with my book.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....