Bonnie morning ....


14th November 2019 (Thursday)     08.30 ....  There’s a light frost  but
Chapel Green.
that won’t last long once the sun gets higher, on what is a glorious  morning.     Unfortunately I am choked up with a cauld.... it’s the time of year  and there is a cold doing the rounds of the villages..... which will curtail my activities a bit today.    I’m hoping to go to the History Society meeting tonight... Graham is giving a talk on Earlsferry’s contribution to the American War of Independence.   We probably started it .... the War of Independence i.e. 
 I’d better have breakfast... and ‘take the pills’, then see how I feel once I get into gear;  right now I feel slightly rough around the edges.


Elie lighthouse in late afternoon sunlight.
12.00   I’ve been out (in the car) and had coffee with George and Hector this morning.     Harbour House was really busy and the boys and girls had to sit at the same table.  The boys promptly went into their best behavior mode, and the girls did a lot of whispering....it was quite romantic. 
It is a bonnie day but quite cold in the brisk northerly breeze so I’m not going to take the bike out .... it’s a car day.   This is a ‘Drop in Cafe’ afternoon, and I’d like to go to that....though I’ll see how I feel at the time.


17.00    The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was busy after a slow start;  with loads of banter around the table.  I surprised myself by being there in plenty of time.... all I have to do is make it to the History Society meeting tonight and I will be a happy boy..... and, most likely a
Sunset over the Ferry High Street.
tired one.   Tomorrow is going to be a day of rest to try and shake off the cold completely.    The weather forecast is not bad for tomorrow but there will be more cloud about, and possibly the chance of a light shower later.






21.00    Graham (Johnston) gave a fascinating, and entertaining, talk on Earlsferry’s contribution to The American War of Independence;  Capt/Lt Duddingston was right in there with his sloop HMS ‘Gaspee’ and was responsible for setting in motion the whole idea of revolution and independence:  before the ‘Boston Tea Party’.    I’m now wondering if he was responsible for bringing Rhode Island Red poultry to Britain.


I have had a couple of pills with my bedtime cuppa, the intention is to have a sleep in tomorrow morning:  as long as I’m up before morning coffee time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....