Kinghorn harbour .... ....



8th November 2019 (Friday)    07.00 ....There’s a chilly air this
Kinghorn beach-  and harbour area.
morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning;  the temperature isn’t quite freezing (not yet anyway) but it isn’t far above it.
   The sky is mostly clear and there’s a brisk northerly breeze mopping up the water;  so it looks like being a bonnie day albeit a cool one.   The Fife Weather cams are all good with the temperature at Lochgelly just above freezing.   Anticipating a good drying day I have a washing going through the machine.  As for me ...I’m feeling brighter today .... I might even feel frolicsome if we get long sunny spells:  it could be a day for a wee ‘explore’,  before buying three goodies and visiting Jim on the way home.

Kinghorn foreshore.
08.00    Welll that was cauld on the hands but the washing is out;  and I’m having another cuppa.   I see there’s a bonnie pattern forming on the car roof so there’s a touch of frost now but that should rapidly disappear once the sun gets above the cloudbank that's on the southeast horizon.   Hmmmm .... there could be black ice in the shady places on the roads.... that should lift once the sun gets going.    I’m not going anywhere for a while yet;  not until the sun appears above the aforementioned cloudbank.    There's the kernel of a plan somewhere in the brain cell;   a wee explore round Kinghorn Harbour.


14.00    My word.... Kinghorn harbour is well worth a visit:  not just the harbour but there are footpaths, that take you down to the foreshore, from the top Car Park and they offer bonnie views.... and there’s plenty seating arrangements to sit and take in the view.  The foreshore is a bit like Pittenweem and St Minnins obviously a ‘holiday home’ place and I imagine would be full of cars in the summertime.   There’s one
Kinghorn beach.
Disabled parking space.   I moored Sooper Buggy up at the top car park and wandered down the path:  I’m fine as long as I rest my knee about every 20 – 30 steps.  That explains why I take a lot of photographs.
   
There’s a modern built Toilet block down there but it is ‘Closed’ at this time of year.   Did you know that there isn’t an ‘Open’ Public Toilet in Dunfermline?   I met a Gent at the Harbour Masters House in Dysart who told me that.    We were discussing the lack of Toilet facilities around Fife.    Fife House Toilets are never ‘Closed’.   I didn’t need a ‘comfort stop’ at Kinghorn but I felt sorry for those that might have.
By the time I left Dysart where I’d gone to have a ‘lite bite lunch’ it was too late to visit Jim.   I now need another cuppa followed by ‘50’ winks.

Kinghorn Kirk.
19.38     The gritter went down an hour ago spreading grit so we must be expecting frost;  that said it’s now raining.    If the sky clears and we do get frost the roads could be iffy tomorrow morning.    There was black ice up between Largoward and St Andrews this morning.

Oh ‘Sooper Buggy II’ likes Diesel Ultimate;  it’s gone aff the cheap stuff.    The pump I drew up to at the garage (Colinsburgh) had run out of the cheap (actually there’s nane o’ it cheap) stuff so I had to use the Ultimate;  and now the car wants to go faster.  We can forget the ‘faster’ thing;   I had her up to 45 mph at one point today, and that was nerve wracking.


It’s not the same going to places on your own.  I spoke to plenty people, but they were
St Serf's Tower - Dysart.
mostly couples.... in fact in Harbour Masters House, which was busy, I was the only singleton:  having said all that it has been a really enjoyable day.... but cauld on the lugs.    “Moderate cloud and light breeze” is the ‘KY9’ forecast for tomorrow;  and cauld on the lugs.   I've unearthed my 'snood' for when I'm out on the bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....