Not sunny ....


24th November 2019 (Sunday)     08.30 .... I’m not saying that it’s dark
The finishing touches to our new roundabout.
outside but when I opened the curtains this morning I had to check my watch to see if it was still night – time,...... should I still be in bed?    But it was 08.30 .... definitely day.     We have a grey start to the day, grey and damp;   the ‘KY9’ forecast reads “drizzle and a gentle breeze” but there is a chance of a couple of sunny spells later in the morning.      The weather may not be very bright but I am feeling brighter ... well I was until I opened the curtains.   I’ll have breakfast then jump in the car and go for the paper.... then, I might go down to the harbour.



10.30     The paper has been purchased (The Observer... so there’s (hopefully) loads to read), I’ve been to the harbour ... and The Braes’ at Pittenweem;  now I’m ready for a
 'Walkies'.
cuppa then I’ll go and visit Jimbo.    That will leave the afternoon free to print off cards.


13.30     I went to Leven Beach to visit Jim and found him in good form ;   he scoffed the Danish Pastry that I took in, but Grace wrapped her one in a table cloth for later.    We were talking about the kirks we recorded;  and the likelihood of Elie getting  a Minister now that the new manse is ready.   I was only there for 40 minutes or so, as the Staff were beginning to move the residents through to the Dining Room for lunch.


18.30    Wellll .... I have to admit that I have had a lazy day though I did manage to go
Earlsferry High Street at sunset time.
to the beach at sunset time.     There was no chance of actually seeing the sun setting but just to know it was there made me feel better:    you never know we might see it tomorrow.   There must be a few visitors here because the beach was busier than I thought it would be..... in fact I expected to have it to myself.
The ‘news’ is mostly about the upcoming General Election:  I’d rather watch paint dry.   Having said that;  if whichever party gets in actually delivers on its promises I think we should have a General Election every two years.   What was austerity all about?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....