Feeling fresh and frolicsome ....


5th November 2019 (Tuesday)      07.30 .... Hmmmm ... we have a
The weather may be dull but there's always cheery banter in 'the paper shop'.
heavily overcast sky with occasional light Scotch Mist  drifting in from the North Sea but, thankfully, the heavy rain we had last night has stopped, the wind has moderated and there are a few brighter patches beginning to appear in the general greyness;  yes it looks like being a bonnier day.    I should get the bike out later.  



09.30    I don’t know about getting the bike out; although dry and brighter it’s also much colder this morning.   I went for the paper (in the car) and had a turn down to the harbour then came home by Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar.   There’s a lot of water lying about but not as much as I’d expected to see;  and the wind should will dry things up fairly quickly....and rain isn’t mentioned for ‘KY9’ today.   Not even showers.

Elie this afternoon.
13.30    I set off to go to Dysart Harbour this morning but changed my mind when I saw a car stuck in the middle of a pool of water on the Colinsburgh road at Balchrystie;  even a ‘diversion’ (it’s been in operation for about five weeks) had to be ‘diverted’ by way of Kinneuchar.  I went as far as Leven, did a wee shopping, including buying three goodies for visiting Jim then remembered it would be lunch time.   Guess who has three goodies to devour before the 7th November?   I’ll force myself.  The car (stuck at Balchrystie) was being removed from the pool of water as I passed on the way home.    The water was still there.... and the ‘rescue’ people were up to their knees in it;  water i.e.   Oh ....er ... there are only two goodies now!


17.00... We have had a bonnie afternoon;  and the bonus of the wind moderating and backing to the West;  unfortunately it’s going to veer to the East again tomorrow.   I didn’t get the bike out after lunch, it was still windy then, but did take the car to the
Lovely afternoon.
Toft to get a few photos about an hour before sunset time.


19.00... We have had a bonnie afternoon;  and the bonus of the wind moderating and backing to the West;  unfortunately it’s going to veer to the East again tomorrow.   I didn’t get the bike out after lunch, it was still windy then, but did take the car to the Toft to get a few photos about an hour before sunset time.

“Light showers and a gentle breeze” is the forecast for Wednesday... tomorrow could be a nice day.   I will start my day with morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse... then make my mind up what to do with the rest of the day.   I would hope to get out on the bike at some point.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....