Wet and windy .....


4th November 2019 (Monday)     08.30 .... Five of the Fife Weather cams
Scotch Mist coming in from the North Sea.
are showing a heavily overcast and grey sky the sixth one (the St Andrews Sky Cam) is offline .... yep it’s raining all over Fife and like going back to black and white TV.... a colourless world.   And wet one.    This is the perfect morning for  cuppas, ‘computer stuff’, Soduko’s and eating Meltin’ Moments.   Right now we have ‘wet and windy’ and it is forecast to be wetter and windier in the afternoon.... 
the actual forecast for ‘KY9’ is “heavy rain and a fresh breeze”... but there just might be a few brighter spells around midday.


13.30    With the weather being on the “wet side of wet” after breakfast, I decided to go to go to Leven with some books for the Charity Shop(s).... and to get a new batch for bedtime reading.   I am now well stocked up again.   As I was going to visit Jim after I went to Bayne’s the Bakers and bought three ‘soo’s lugs’ (one each for Jim, Grace and me) to have with a cuppa that I’d make.    The ‘soo’s lugs’ were a puzzlement for Grace ... she thought they were brooch’s.   Once I put them on a plate
The last sunny spell rapidly disappearing!
she knew they were for eating.    Jim was in good form again and we had a chat .... mostly about ‘The Royal Burgh’.   There was only one tea bag so I made two cups of tea with it but it was not even weak ‘tea’... more like dishwater... so that ended up going down the sink.
The sun broke through when I was at Leven and we had a couple of hours of sunny spells before the rain came over again.   I managed to get to the beach but not for long;  Scotch Mist started to come in off the sea and the weather is now wet, but not as windy as originally forecast.


18.30     Hmmmm .... we now have the wet and windy weather that was predicted;   the
The Ferry High Street.
rain is heavier, and its windier than it has been all day.    This I know because I have been out at the bucket with rubbish.  ‘The Boy’ hasn’t been wasting time today, having made use of the bad weather by making good progress with ‘computer stuff’.  Tomorrow’s forecast is better.... I might even get out on the bike.... though it will be too wet to do the Grand Tour.   There’s a lot of water lying about....
so the Elie Estate road will be muddy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....