Blustery showers ....



3rd November 2019 (Sunday)    08.00 .... There’s been a lot of overnight
Blustery showers sky.
rain but it’s dry just now.... in fact I can see a patch of blue sky so beginning to look promising;   even though the wind is F4 and from the Northeast.    It was raining when I looked out at 06.00 so I went back to bed and read a bit of my book.    I don’t think the bike will be coming out today.... it looks like we could have squally showers.   “Heavy rain showers with a moderate breeze” is the Met Office forecast for KY9.



10.00   There’s one thing about blustery showers; the sky is always interestingly busy.   I went to the harbour (in the car) from where I could see showers all around us.... in fact I drove through one on my way home.    This looks like being a computer day for ‘the Boy’.


Pittenweem this afternoon.
13.00    I’ve just seen a Fife Council Gritter lorry going down Ferry Road.    They  have to be on a scouting mission ‘cos it isn’t cold;  windy yes.... but not  cauld.   In fact the forecast for tomorrow is ‘strong winds and heavy rain’  not frost.
My mission for this morning was to make the Melting Moments that I threatened to make when ‘M’ was here;   that mission has been completed and they do melt in the mouth so I am happy.    I’ll let ‘M’ see one when we are on Skype this evening.   Melting Moments are my favourite rainy day biscuit.... I will be wearing a few after tomorrow I’m thinkin’.  
We’ve had a few squally showers so if I do go out this afternoon it’s going to be in the car..... we’ve also had a few sunny spells so it has been a nice enough day. 

19.00    I fancied going to Pittenweem Braes in the afternoon and arrived there at the
Beech tree.
same time as one of the squally showers so I didn’t go very far from the car.   From there I went to Crail, arriving there at the same time as another shower was coming in so only went as far as the top of the Hen’s Ladder to take a few pictures.   From there I decided to come home via the ‘back road’ to Largoward then down through Balcarres Estate.  It wasn’t the best of afternoons for a run in the car but I enjoyed it just the same.   Everything seems to be where it should be around the East Neuk.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....