Armistice Day ....



11th November 2019 (Armistice Day)




08.00 .... We’re going to have a day of varying intensities of rain starting with heavy, drizzle and light;  the one constant being it’s all wet.   And there’s a light wind.   It’s the kind of morning when the desire to lie dormant is strong.   ‘The Boy’ will be working on the computer today.


13.30    We have had a couple of sunny spells this morning but they were fleeting.... mostly it has been grey and wet.    I went to visit Jim;  he was in fine form.... and I was able to make him a decent cuppa to go with the goodies I bought.    I had done a small shopping in Sainsbury’s when in Leven.... a bit of retail therapy on a dull day is not a bad thing.

We've got a west wind this morning.
Myra came in just as I was leaving... and she had more goodies for Jim.  He was doing well this morning.    I’ve had lunch but can’t get really fired up in this kind of weather.   Coffee bags .... I bought coffee bags last week!    I’ll try one of them to see if they can get me motivated to do something.

 17.30    The weather has been dismal today;  yes we had a couple of very short sunny spells, but it has been day for the computer.   I have done a fair amount of work  so I feel reasonably content:  but I really need to get out on the bike for some exercise.
Our ‘News’ is all about the up coming election, with the usual promises flying around:  it seems that no matter who goes in through the door at No 10, “austerity” is going right out the window.   I cannae wait.   ‘Brexit’?  I saw ‘Nige’ (Farage) on the news today.... he’s chickened out of all he was going to do:  whatever it was.  
I’m beginning to feel peckish:  there’s a beef olive casserole in the oven and the aroma
The Bass Rock.
is beginning to turn on my taste buds. 


19.00    I did enjoy dinner tonight.... and have a ‘beef olive’ meal to freeze for later.    I need to have a cuppa before I start to do some computer stuff.

It looks like we could have a brighter day tomorrow;  but it wouldn’t take much to be brighter than today.   With the weather being so ‘iffy’ I don’t make a ‘plan of action’ until I see what the weather is like.   As far as I can see Wednesday does look promising .... but cauld.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....