Dreich ....



7th November 2019 (Thursday)     07.00 ....It’s still dark and wet and
Kincraig cliffs from 'Leven Beach Care Home'.
dreich;  not a morrrrrrning for walking.   This could be a good day to get my  haircut...... but it’s not only;  it’s cauld too.  I’d go to the beach but its rainin’, though not heavily. I’ll see what the sky looks like once the sun gets going.... right now its breakfast time.


08.30   Now that it’s light I think I preferred it dark.   In the dark it felt dreich, in the daylight I not only feel it, but can see the dreich-ness and it ain’t pretty: having said that, the sky does have some paler patches in it so things could improve later.    The thing is;  do I go for a haircut?   It will be cauld and wet on the lugs;  Hmmmm .... I’ll have a cuppa and consider the situation.
Elie harbour beach.

12.00    I’ve had a haircut ....bought “3 soo’s lugs” and visited Jimbo so have been a reasonably busy boy..   The rain stopped when I was in the hairdresser’s but came back when I was in Leven Beach (the care home);  it was torrential on the way home.    The ‘puddle’ at the East end of Lundin Links was well across the road and the car wheels are as clean as I’ve seen them for a while.   The sky is beginning to brighten again but I have to say that any showers we’ve had so far haven’t been light ones.... however  I might get out for a walk after lunch.

Jim was in fine fettle;   he was sleepin’ when I went in but woke up rapidly when he heard my dulcet tones.... and saw the “soo’s lugs”.   We chatted about Kinghorn kirk... one of the kirks we recorded a few years ago.    I left Jim when when the Staff started to
The Toft - Elie.
take the residents away for lunch.


19.00    The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was really busy this afternoon so I caught up with loads of go .... news.    I’ve forgotten most of the ‘news’ already but it was good seeing and chatting to everyone again ... having missed the past three “Cafe’s”.
The rain has moved away and the air is much cooler now;  having said that it was raining when I was putting the bucket out about half an hour ago, so the rain is still hanging around.  Then temperature has dropped considerably in the last few hours, but frost isn’t forecast for ‘KY9’.    “Sunny intervals with a moderate breeze” is the forecast for tomorrow;   a drying day.   I’ll get the washing done first thing.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....