Overcast and cold ....


10th November 2019 (Sunday)     08.00 ....  Hmm ...  it’s overcast and
cold just now but not frosty with a light breeze from the northwest:  sunny spells are predicted to move over later in the morning.   The weather should be good for the local Remembrance Services.    I’m staying in, and warm, watching the Service from the Cenotaph this year.   Though I am feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this morning,....and looking forward to going to Anstruther for lunch with Adelaide, Jenny, David and Ivan.


18.00    It was good having lunch with the ‘Troops’ again, with loads happy banter and the food was excellent;   it fair cheered me up on what has been a mostly grey and cold day.  Jenny and Dave went down to the beach (the Ferry beach) so that Dave could see the granary in glorious techni ... er black and white, having only seen it in the photos I
Ivan, Adelaide, Jenny and Dave at Anstruther harbour.
put on FB.  The only problem I had all afternoon was when I went to dry my hands in the Gents;   I couldn’t find a hand dryer.... the only machine in there was a thing called a ‘condom dispenser’.   Ivan explained that the dryer is part of the tap fitting;  and that a condom dispenser didn’t dispense chocolate biscuits!     Oh welll .... you’re never too old to learn something new.    I am an innocent boy.

We had a walk down to the harbour when we left ‘The Bank’ but it was a bit cold so we abandoned that and went back to the cars... thence home.    Jenny and Dave are stopping over at Edinburgh tonight so the ‘troops’ couldn’t come to Ivy to sample the new coffee bags.    I’ve been out to the front gate and it feels raw.... like it’s going to rain.   Having checked the weather forecast; light rain forecast for tonight... and
Seaweed covered Anstruther beach.
perhaps first thing tomorrow morrrrrrrning.   Tomorrow should be brighter with more sunny spells than we had today;  but it is going to be cool.   I have no plan for tomorrow but I have plenty to do;  including visiting Jim.   Dave told me that it’s single lane traffic, controlled by temporary traffic lights, at the flood on the east end of Lundin Links.   That part of the road always floods;   I imagine Fife Council will have to do something about it eventually.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....