Cracker of a morning ....


18th November 2019 (Monday)     08.30.... There’s a touch of frost, as
Kinneuchar Loch.
per forecast,  on what is a really bonnie morning;   a day for getting out and about, though the temperature is never going to be  very high.    I hope it’s warm enough for me to get the bike out later.... I’m fancying doing the Grand Tour;   that said, I’m thinkin’ the estate road could be muddy, so maybe that’s maybe not a good idea.


11.30    I’m just back from a quick shopping trip to Leven:  I didn’t visit Jim because  I didn’t want to take the cold into ‘Leven Beach’.... though I think I’m past the germ spreading stage, but still coughing, so didn’t want to take any chances.    The immediate plan is to have a cuppa then get out on the bike while the air is warm.   I’m not sure about going onto the estate road.... it might be muddy and icy because it’s shaded by trees.    Must ‘go’ ... ‘slight flap on’;  kind of excited because I’m going biking.


Peaceful afternoon.
14.00    Well I did enjoy a run out on the bike;  even managed to do the ‘Grand Tour’ in spite of the estate road being a bit wet in places, and the air a bit nippy on the lugs, but it was well worth it when found a hole to look into.   I am feeling tired now so I’ll go and switch on the tele .... that’s the quickest way to be lulled to sleep in the middle of the afternoon.


17.00   Before I feel asleep this afternoon (in front of the tele) I browsed  the different Channels to see what was ‘on’;  ye Gods what a waste of a good invention.    Most of what was on appeared to be rubbish... and that’s not just the adverts.     Do people buy stuff after watching an advert on the tele?   Maggie’s policy was;   “if it’s advertised on the tele don’t buy it” and I don’t.   It didn’t take me long to fall asleep.... and that was watching the ‘News’.
When I was in the car this morning I ended up listening to ‘Kingdom FM’ .... one of the ‘presenters’ said of a song ( I think in was supposed to be someone singing) “that only reached No 28 in the Charts when it first came out”.... I was surprised that it had even been recorded!   I switched off the radio.
I’ve had a really happy day .... but not much luck with the tele or the radio.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....