Frosty morning ....



13th November 2019 (Wednesday)       08.00     We have a beautiful
Earlsferry this morning.
morning;  one of those clear crisp winter mornings that makes you want to do things;  once the air warms up a bit at the moment it’s -2c on the garden thermometer..   There’s only a light breeze so hardly any wind chill ....  and I’m feeling excitable.   The car windscreen will have to be scraped for the first time this winter..... actually, I might leave that for the sun to shift.   Scraping the car windscreen is not my favourite job.



19.00    I have been a busy boy on what has been a really bonnie day.    I had to go to Leven in the morning but was back in time to have morrrrrrning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse with the ‘troops’, before going home to get ready for the Friendship Lunch at 12.15.(the kirk Hall). 
 
St Monans this afternoon.
Once again the ‘Lunch’ well attended with all the tables occupied;  but our lovely waitresses were well able to cope.     George brought his brother Hector along;  I haven’t seen Hector for yonks;  in fact I can’t remember the last time I saw him.   Hector was in the RAF for 22 years (at least) and lives down in Cambridgeshire.... I think it is.   George and Hector attended the Remembrance Service at Elie War Memorial on Sunday.

With it being such a nice afternoon I went to St Monans and Pittenweem (in the car) when I left the kirk Hall.    It was bonnie the afternoon sunshine although cool;  however I was well wrapped up.... and remembered to take a pair of gloves with me this time.    I saw Sam’s (Jimmy’s grandson) new boat... well I saw the hull, the rest of it was covered with a tarpaulin.
 
Tomorrow is going to be another nice day.... slightly breezier than today so the towels I
Pittenweem.
hung out this morning might dry tomorrow.   They certainly didn’t  today.
I’ve just had a visit from Willie Rennie, leafleting for Wendy Chamberlain the local Liberal Democrat candidate in the upcoming election.   I’m kinda ‘in love’ with Wendy just now, but it’s not a great night for leafleting... a light shower of hailstones has just passed over;  and Willie’s hands were cauld.   General Elections are guid times for auld people who live alone;  always plenty people coming around for a chat at this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....