Frosty morning .....


30th November 2019 (Saturday)     06.30 .... St Andrews Day;  and also
Crackin' mornin'.
the day that Irene begins her 25th (?)  circuit of the Sun “Happy Birthday Irene”, enjoy your day xxx.
The stars are twinkling  and the car windscreen has a picturesque layer of frost on it;  we have the start of a bonnie if slightly cauld day.   It’s a bit cold, and dark, for going out on the bike but I might wander down to the beach for sunrise;  and  go out on the bike after the sun warms the air.... the temperature for KY9 is forecast to get up to +3c.


09.30     It’s a cracker of a mornin’ but it is frosty;  I had to lower the lug flaps on my hat.    We have the makings of a lovely day for being out:   in fact I just might get the bike out once the air does warm up... i.e. once it gets above freezin’.
I think I need to increase my cornflakes intake!

12.00    The car windscreen has been cleared, and the car taken ‘roond the Ferry’ to warm up its bits and pieces.    It’s a gorgeous day but you have to be well wrapped up ‘cos the temperature is not far above freezin.   I doubt if I’ll take the bike out;  anyway I’m staying in and warm, doing some much needed ‘ousework.


18.00    It has been a gorgeous day and the villages have been busy with folk enjoying the balmy albeit cold weather.    I did a fair amount of ‘ousework before going up to Elie (in the car) to get the paper, and milk, in the afternoon.   I was tempted to take the bike out, but thought I’d better shake of the cough before doing too much biking in the cold.
I had a walk to, and on, the beach at sunset time.   The beach was busy with well
Earlsferry High Street fifteen minutes before sunset time.
wrapped up walkers out enjoying the last of the afternoon sunshine.... including Marcia with the dogs.   My face was warm in the sun, which is more than could be said of my butt on the cold seat.    I took orf my gloves and sat on them.
Nae plan for tomorrow;  I didn’t visit Jim today.... I never even went to Leven.   I’ll leave visiting Leven Beach until Monday now:  tomorrow I will potter around Ivy staying warm.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....