Bonnie morning ....


17th November 2019 (Sunday)     08.00 .... At the moment we have a
It is a nice morning for a walk on the beach.
clear sky and the forecast is for ‘light cloud with light winds’ so it looks like we could have a bonnie day albeit a cool one.    It’s not quite frosty just now but isn’t far from being so: actually, I might get the bike out later once the sun gets higher .... and warmer.



10.00    We have a sunny spell;  at one point it looked like the cloudbank was moving faster than the sun was rising but the sun eventually made it, and it looks like we could have a nice day.    There was a touch of frost at sunrise time but only -1c so that will soon shift now.    It was braw seeing the beach busy with dogs hauling their owners out for a bit of exercise... it’s a braw morning for a daunder along the beach.    Everything appears to be where it should be .... the auld place is peaceful and looking good.

St Monans Auld Kirk.

13.30    I thought I’d better give the car a run so I went to St Monans kirk and had a walk round.... then came home via Abercrombie and Colinsburgh.   I didn’t meet anyone I knew at St Minnins but the Coastal Path seemed busy:   it is a good day for walking.    I’m feeling lazy today but I have done a wee bit on the computer.   At least I’ve had some exercise today, but I won’t take the bike out;  today is forecast to be a sunny but cold day.   I like sunny.    Today there’s thin layer of high cloud filtering the sunlight and spoiling what could have been a really gorgeous day.


16.30    The villages appear to be busy for this time of year;  the two holiday letting offices in Elie must be having some success.  I hope that we don’t end up with ‘party houses’;   our wee villages would quickly lose their quiet backwater appeal with a
'Burnside'  - St Monans.




couple of those.  

It has been a beautiful afternoon/evening though it feels like we could be in for a frosty start to tomorrow.    I can cope with that;  the car windscreen is facing south!    I’m hoping to take a trip out on the bike tomorrow assuming it isn’t too cold for my delicate lugs.

19.30    Well I wouldn’t say that I‘ve had the most productive day but I am well content at the end of it;  not tired but content.   I’m wondering if I should do a wee washing tomorrow?   There’s not going to be much of a breeze, and it’s going to be cold so I guess it would just hang;  no ... I’ll leave the washing until Tuesday.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....