Quiet morning .....

19th April 2024 (Friday)    08.45 .... There's a cool Northerly breeze taking a bit off the

temperature but, other than that we have, we have a lovely morning.   I've been for the paper.... and set off for the harbour but the crane was manoeuvring it's way down, so I diverted up Admiralty Lane then home by way of Kinneuchar.   It's a good morning for 'Crane In'.

17.30    It was a perfect day for 'Crane In'... apart from the cold North Westerly breeze.   I was on the bike so well wrapped up;  in fact the only bits of me that felt cold were the points of my fingers, because I had to wear fingerless gloves for the camera.   I was surprised to find that Nosebag (café) wasn't open;  and I'd taken money with me to buy a bacon roll for lunch.   Anyway hunger got to me eventually and I had to go home, before the yachts were craned in.   On the way home I stopped at 'Hyde Park' to take a few more photographs.   It was much warmer sitting on one of the Hyde Park seats, because they were sheltered from the wind.   It was a brilliant day for the camera.


After a cuppa, and banana sandwich lunch, I sorted out today's photographs; and there was a lot of them to sort out (and there still is);  so many that I fell asleep in front of the computer and only woke up when I heard the workmen at the patio.   I made a cuppa and went out to chat to them.  They have been absolutely brilliant all the way through this job;  couldn't be more helpful at all stages and kept me informed as to what was happening.   I will miss them when all this is done and dusted.   I may have been living 'on a building site' but I was enjoying it.  It brought back many happy memories!

21.00   There's a wintry feel to the air this evening;  and there's a clear sky so some places could have a touch of frost.   Having been out on the bike, and at 'Crane In' I'm a happy boy tonight.   I still have a load of photographs to sort through but I'll do that tomorrow.... if it's cold.   Going by the number of cars, the villages are going to be busy this weekend.   If it's sunny tomorrow, it will be warm in the back
garden (now the patio), so I might do some painting to the wee shed.   I've had a reasonably active day and feel tired tonight;  it's time for the 'orlicks and a browse through the TV Channels.

22.20  I found an episode of Shetland to watch'  Part I has just finished, PII comes on at 22,20 after a break for the News.   I'll be late in bed because the action is on Fair Isle and based around the Bird Observatory Lodge.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....