Nice morning ....

12th April 2024 (Friday)    08.00 .... there's a warm Westerly breeze;  (a perfect morning for

'Harbour House'.

having my hair cut)..... bringing a steady flow of clouds over so we have an interesting sky;  but there is a chance of light showers in the afternoon.   It could be a good day for the bike.   My first mission is the haircut.    Actually the haircut is the second mission.... the first mission is breakfast! 

16.30    I am an excited boy;  although having my hair cut hasn't made any difference to my hearing, I can see my lugs again!   I had to take a detour via South Street to get to Elie as there was a Cook's skip lorry changing skips in Bank Street.    In spite of that I was early for my appointment, so had a short walk with the camera before going in.    I met George (Harvey) in Bank Street.... and Alan ('arbour 'ouse).   Alan was in a hurry to get back home to St Minnins to get Brenda's breakfast on the table!   He spoils that girl.   Just the same as Jock does with Honor.  Of course I did that sort of thing with Maggie!    George was telling me that the girls (Myra and Kirsty) are away down to the Borders for a holiday.  I hope Myra hasn't been looking for her 'Elie Deli' bag..... because it's lying on Iain's bed at the moment!

Back at Ivy I hung out a washing;  it hasn't been the best of drying days (we had a light shower of rain) but I'm happy.  It doesn't take much to make me happy!  And..... the washing has been ironed!


22.00    The Ferry appears to be busy tonight;   I guess this is the last weekend of the Easter break;  if it is the villages will be noticeably quiet next week!   I'm not a great TV fan, especially in the afternoon, but I was watching the PO Enquiry at my usual fall asleep time.... and didn't fall asleep.   It's actually interesting watching the legal people going about their 'job'.   The impression I get, of the Post Office management at the time this was all going on is; 'that they, the Management, didn't have a clue about 'working people' such as their Post Masters and Post Mistresses (a "Them" and Us"  attitude).  It will interesting to see the outcome of all this.... and if 'heids do roll"!    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....