Quiet morning .....

13th April 2024 (Saturday)    08.15 .... it's a quiet kind of morning with the weather being a mix

Very tasty.... and nae greasy fingers!

of sunny intervals and fluffy clouds, with the clouds coming over on a light Westerly breeze:  the 'light breeze' is going to freshen up to 'strong winds'  (F5 - F6) in the middle o' the day, bringing the chance of showers.  It could be an 'interesting sky' day.

20.00    This has been an exciting kind of day.   Alice's daughter Izzy organised a 'Old Folks Lunch' trip to an Art Gallery Restaurant in Glenrothes for Alice, Joyce, and Alberto.... Izzy being the driver.    I motored along to Methil for morrrrning coffee before Izzy came to pick us (Alice and Albert) then on to Thornton to get Joyce.    We then had a 'mystery tour'  through Glenrothes (which I thoroughly enjoyed) before arriving at the restaurant.   We browsed the pictures dangling on the walls, and had a fleeting glance  at the price tickets, before sitting down for lunch.   Unfortunately I had decided to leave the camera in the car so couldn't take any photographs;  I very much regret that decision.   The service, food, and company was excellent .... and the place was busy.  The amazing thing is that the Art Gallery/Restaurant is in a unit in one of the Glenrothes industrial estates... so slightly 'out of the way'.  All the units around were 'active', and

Me... without camera!

looked prosperous.... and this was different.   I'd go back again but there's nae chance of me driving in Glenrothes again;  my word the roads were busy.... especially the big roundabouts.  (They need  to be controlled by traffic lights).   After lunch, which just 'slid down:  Joyce had... oops ...I can't remember what it was called but it looked delicious,  Alice had a chicken burger and that came with a wee black pail of tauttie wedges, Izzy had 'something different'... and I had macaroni cheese all with greens.   The plates were clear at the end... except Alice's wee bucket that has a few wedges left in it.   'Puku' might be going on a diet.....  starting tomorrow.

From the Art Gallery place Izzy took us on a tour through Glenrothes, past some of the sites that George (Alice's husband and my workmate) and I worked on.   Glenrothes is looking  really green with all the trees that have matured in the last 60 years... I well remember seeing many of wooded areas being planted.   Somewhere, in the extensive Alberto Archive I have photographs of the first houses that George and I painted on a building site.   That was in 1965.  All this time Izzy was driving and taking us on a mystery tour... that ended up with the car (Jaguar) being moored up outside a tea room in Glenrothes where we had tea/coffee and cake.  'Puku' is definitely going on a diet tomorrow!

21.00    It's turnin' caulder.... though not quite dry I've just brought in the washing.... it got a couple of

nae Gin....!

extra rinses in the afternoon (I was sleeping at the time) so will be dangled in on the 'claes horse'.   Ferry Road is quiet tonight which might explain why the traffic travelling West, (when I was on my way home from Methil), was almost nose to tail! 

I have really enjoyed myself today;  just one of those, full of surprises, happy days.   It's now time to make the 'orlicks and find something to watch on the tele. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....