Overcast .....

22nd April 2024 (Monday)    09.40 .... It's a funny kind o' mornin';  the sky is overcast, there's only

a light breeze and everything is quiet.   I went for the paper, then to the harbour; even the seagulls were silent.... and they usually let us know they are around.   Anyway, it's a peaceful, dry, morning .... but light rain might move over in the afternoon.   Kirsty has just phoned to say that we are going to 'The Ship Inn' for lunch, so that is the plan for today. 

18.30     'The Team'  enjoyed lunch at 'The Ship Inn';  I was surprised at how busy it was considering it was Monday!  After a delicious lunch (I had Cullen Skink followed by Pittenweem Strawberry sweet) Kirsty took us on a mystery tour that had us visiting Elie Harbour, Elie Surgery, Elie Estate, Kinneuchar Castle Estate, Colinsburgh, the wee car park bit overlooking the Cocklemill Burn near Ruddon's Point and, finally into the Shell Bay Caravan Park Coffee (Café Mirador) shop for a cuppa.   A pleasant, and different, afternoon: George would have enjoyed his birthday run, but couldn't celebrate today as he was working.  


22.15    Tomorrow is going to be a 'very lazy day' for me;  I am not going  to do any work at all, until I get over clearing out the wee shed.   Luckily Iain did the most of it, but I'm not as fit as I was.... even a year ago... and the muscles I have left are not happy!   Tomorrow will be a day with the camera.... it's going to be a nice day, though it could feel cool in the light Northerly breeze.   I might even go out on the bike if it's warm like it was this afternoon.


 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....