Bright and breezy .....

15th April 2024 (Monday)    08.00 .... the wind is nippier than I'd like, but apart from that it's a


bonnie start to the working week:  not that I'll be doin' much 'work', but I hope to do a bit of tidying up.    This cold spell (the wind feels wintry this morning) is not biking weather for me nowadays.  

I've been watching the new Anstruther Lifeboat, RNLB "Robert and Catherine Steen", being manoeuvred onto it's slip this morning..... the action being caught on the Fife Weather Camera  that's on the Fisheries Museum, and  directly across from the lifeboat slip.   The cold spell of weather  meant that I wasn't able to see her arriving at Anstruther yesterday.

12.45   It's a cracker o' day for the beach;  and that is where I have been!    I went out in the car to have a break after morning coffee.... got some photos of the 'David Ward'  flower tub, then went to the Breakwater to get a few photographs there.    When I went back to start the car and move on.... it widnae start!   Anyway after a few tries (the battery isn't flat) I gave up and walked home by way of the beach.   Luckily this is a reasonable breathing day; but I have to admit that I was struggling and glad to get home.... thanks to the 'bloo' inhaler!    The car has been reliable... up till now!   Anyway I've phoned the garage and they are going to phone back.  I got a load of photographs from the beach and bents.

13.30   You couldn't make this up!  Since the above update I've discovered that I've lost the car keys on the way home.... and the car came with only one set of keys.  It never rains but it pours;  I got wet when I went along to see if they were beside the car.   Slightly unhappy boy.   At least it has given me something to write about.   Thankfully I've got the bike!

16.30    "Flap Off".  I found the car key so all is good again.... except that I'm not sure if the car will start.   I'll have ago at that later.   However, if necessary, I'll get the RAC to take it along to Mercury.

19.00   I have to forget about the car;  I have a blood test appointment at the surgery  (09.35).... so will  sort it out after that.   Cars are much more stressful than bikes!   It's a good forecast for tomorrow morning so I'll bike to the Surgery.


22.30    This has been a 'Slight Flap On' day;  but I have to say that I actually enjoyed walking along the beach.  It took a long time and a couple o' puffs o' the inhaler but I did it.   On a good day I could still get onto the beach.   I was lucky that this was a 'good' day!    I'll sort the car out after I've been to the Surgery.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....