Peaceful kind o' mornin'....

10th April 2024 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... There's a chill in the air this morning, but it's dry.  Light


rain is due in the KY9 area by midday;  so, not a morrrrning for the bike.   I'll take the car up to Elie for the papers;  and make an appointment to have my hair cut.  Although it's cold I'll visit the harbour, and most likely come home via Balbuthie and Kinneuchar.

11.45   I did multiple missions in Elie... and, most importantly, I even remembered to get the papers:  but forgot to make an appointment with Lorraine (hairdresser).   Apart from Lorraine, all missions (including the harbour) were completed before the rain began; the first spots hit the car windscreen at 10.41.   It's now a 'work' day.

20.15    With all this rain and dampness the marshy places (muirs) will be making a comeback;  imagine Snipe, breeding around around here again... as they will have done before the marshes were drained.  I wonder if the marsh at Myrebird is wet again?   When we lived there (near Crathes Castle) there were numerous pairs of nesting Snipe. Those were the 'good old days' that old people talk about!   Oops .... that's what I'm doin'!    Forget nostalgia; I've had a reasonably good day with research;  and a marvellous day browsing some of the Alberto Archive.


I've been out to browse 'Ferry Road', but the only movement was water running down from the Electricity sub station,  and the rain drops falling onto the road.   Relaxing .... but  not very exciting.   Anyway, the water from the sub station has been running so long that we'll probably miss it when it stops!   I did notice that it is much warmer;  not the water... the air!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....