Peaceful morning .....

16th April 2024 (Tuesday)     07.30 .... Everything is quiet and peaceful just now.... but it's early

"RNLB Robert and Catherine Steen"
and the various workers vehicles have yet to arrive.   Having said that.... some of the workers vans  might have started on their journey from the likes of Edinburgh etc. With the amount of work that's going on, living in Elie and Earlsferry is a lot like living on a building site.  Actually when I think of it .... I am living on a building site!    The villages will look bonnie when it's all done, but the change is happening awfie fast nowadays;  too fast for me.   I'm ready for breakfast. 

11.30   I got a big surprise on my way to the surgery:  our new Anstruther Lifeboat, the "RNLB Robert and Catherine Steen" was out in the Firth on exercise.   The car didn't start but I wasn't that bothered and have phoned the RAC, who say they'll contact me by text.   That should be interesting because I only gave them my home phone  number.
I met Irene when I was at the Surgery, then met Ken on my way out.   Laurie (nurse) was busy, as was Pauline at Reception;  I was in 'Flap On' mode (because of the car).
On my way home I tried the car but as I said it didn't start, so I'm waiting for the RAC to contact me;  on the home phone.

The workmen arrived and delivered slabs for the patio this morning so I am looking forward to summer now.    It's colder now than it was when I biked up to Elie, but still a bonnie day.

12.45    This is turning into one stressful day;  I have to stay in waiting for the RAC to call on my home phone.   I can only hope that they do contact me as they say they will, so that I can go to the car!   I've said it before;  cars cause more stress than a bike.   
The RAC phoned a minute ago and I can expect them at the car round about 17.00.   They will contact me when they are on their way!    Now I know what happening the stress levels should fall!

20.45    The RAC bloke solved the problem (wiring to the starter motor) and the car is now at Mercury motors.   This has been another hectic day: so I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a 'rest day'.   I'll have one more walk up to Elie, to catch a bus to the garage when the car is ready;  as long as it's not raining it should be fine.   I was struggling walking to the Breakwater this afternoon.

22.30   We had a beautiful afternoon and I am happy with the photographs taken on my way to the
Breakwater.   It was a long slow walk, with plenty stops to take photographs.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....