Windy (F6) .....

29th September 2023 (Friday)     08.15 .... I’d hoped to go out on the bike


out but there’s a  fresh, gusty wind (F6) so I’ll leave going out till later.... hoping that the wind moderates.  There’s also something in the air that isn’t agreeing with my tubes, so this could be a lie low day.   It’s annoying, because I feel frisky and want to cavort and frolic.... but can’t.  Luckily the Ryder Cup (foursomes) starts today.... !

11.30    The wind should begin to moderate later in the afternoon.... but too late for me to go out on the bike.   I have been out in the car, to see how Ferry Road is now that it’s done and dusted for another few months;  it's still not ‘fit for purpose’ for bikes but I didn’t expect it to be.   It’s actually lovely morning to be out even if it is breezy;. I stopped to take a few photos sheltered from the wind, but I didn’t stay out for long;  it’s going to a ‘rest’ day for me.

15.15    It has been a bonnie, albeit windy, day but I haven’t gone out to play.... even though the wind is moderating, and air better than it was this morning.  I don’t know what was in it but it wasn’t good.  I’ve been watching the golf (Ryder Cup) and drawing:  a quiet rest day.

20.15    The afternoon session of the golf was exciting right down to the last putt of the day:  as rest days go this has been a good one.   Tomorrow might be another ‘rest day’.... watching the golf intermittently.

New Zealand sky.

I’ve been talking to ‘M’ (NZ) and she is looking forward to another bright sunny day with a crystal clear blue sky:  this had me thinking.   The crystal clear blue of the sky was the first, of many amazing things I noticed about New Zealand:  being near the “edge o’ nowhere” it doesn’t have the high levels of industrial pollution that we have: Hence the clearness of the sky. 

Tomorrow is going to be breezy but much calmer than today... and light rain showers are mentioned for the afternoon.   I might do a washing: I have to do wee washings often because my washing line is shorter just now.

This has been a funny old day for me;  however my breathing is back to normal so I’m hoping to go for a turn round the villages in the morning.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....