Fresher air ....

10th September 2023 (Sunday)      08.00 .... There’s a layer of cloud


 obscuring the sun so, thankfully, the air is fresher and loaded with oxygen.   Mind you that might change once the sun breaks through.   Thundery showers, with a gentle breeze is the weather forecast... and Fife is covered by a Yellow Warning, for said thundery showers from, 14.00 through to midnight.   There’s a change afoot with our weather.

09.45    I’ve been for the paper, visited the harbour ....and came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar;  if the thundery showers do come our way, I won’t be going out on the bike again today.   I’ll have a cuppa then pop along to  Methil.

17.30    We haven’t had any thundery showers so far, but the sky is beginning to look ominous.... with the look of a ‘thundery shower’ about it.  The nearest batch  of thunder storms, at the moment, is between Glasgow and Edinburgh.  

A917 road into Elie from the East.

For some reason the roads seemed busier than usual when I went to Methil to visit Alice; I think it was because there was a tractor, with a trailer full of bales going West, and he was setting a leisurely pace.   I had to accelerate.  
Alice made salad rolls for lunch (followed by strawberries and ice cream) so I don’t need much in the way of fodder tonight;  a bowl of soup and a sandwich will do nicely.



20.00    At last we’ve had a shower o’ rain to clear the air;  we should be back to our normal weather tomorrow....’light rain showers and moderate breeze’.   More importantly, we should be able to sleep tonight.   Although I enjoyed the sunshine of the past few days the heat was too much. 

My central hearing boiler is being serviced on Wednesday, and we, ‘The Team’, are having

Balbuthie Road - Kinneuchar.

lunch in the 19th on Thursday;  apart from that I will have a quiet week.  The latest, and last, Kinneuchar Project drawing is starting to take shape.... in fact I’ll spend some time on that tomorrow.   Once it’s finished I’ll be able to concentrate on research and writing the ‘project’ up.

 



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....