Feeling 'BEABT'.... (bright eyed etc.)

7th September 2023 (Thursday)     07.30 .... thick fog rolled in, off the North


Sea, overnight but the sun is starting to burn it back;  that said, our weather forecast is ‘misty and a gentle breeze’ so the mist might be thrawn to go.   We could have a hot and humid afternoon.




18.45    The calm misty morning made for some bonnie photos... it could be said that I had a very satisfying ‘paper run.   The mist was clearing and the scene changing all the time so I ended up with a goodly number of photos.   Back at Ivy I downloaded today’s batch into the computer and had a quick browse through them:  I enjoyed breakfast.


I decided that Alice would be in need of ‘annoying’;  so I set off for Methil.....by way of Elie to pick up my prescription.   Although the mist was lingering around here and there, the sun was almost winning the ‘argument’.  The roads were quieter and I enjoyed my run to Methil, arriving at Alice's just after 10.00.   We had a cuppa and a blether, discussed the inactivity of her ‘little friends’ (ants); they should have been enjoying the humid weather.  I didn’t stay too long at Alice’s as I wanted to be home before the ‘heat of the day’.   I was back at Ivy by 12.30... earlier that I thought, but glad to be out of the heat and inside a cool Ivy Cottage.

21.00    Stage 5 of the Tour of Britain had a surprising finish: Wout van Ert looked to be doing what he normally does... leading out the team sprint train to give  the team sprinter the best chance of winning the Stage:  it had worked for the first four Stages, with Kooji winning all four.   Today Wout van Ert set off as if leading the train but kept going and won the Stage:  as planned the night before!   Even the commentators were taken by surprise.   Tomorrow’s Stage is from Southend to Harlow (146 km)... again with no real climbing.    The proper climbing Stages are on Saturday and Sunday.

The weather has been ‘funny’ today.... at one point we even had some big spits and spots


o’ rain but not enough to call it a shower.   There has been thunder over to the West... the nearest to us was west of Stirling.... and we had a thundery looking sky for a while but that never came to anything.   The weather for tomorrow is going to be much the same as today.....warm and sunny;  maybe sunnier than it was today.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....