Early morning haar ....

6th September 2023 (Wednesday)     08.00 .... Haar has drifted in from the


North Sea on a light Easterly breeze;  but it’s  warm, the sky is interesting  and the sun will burn off the low cloud and we should have a sunny and warm afternoon.     I’ll have another cuppa then take a  turn ‘roond the Ferry’ on the bike.

17.45   It was mistier that I expected when out on the bike this morning.... but it was warm.   By the time I was back in Ivy the sun was breaking through.  When I saw ‘a girl’ coming along Grange Road on a bike I thought she was one of the early morning swimmers!   I was surprised to find it was Barbara out exercising Skye, the family dog.   Barbara’s usual mode of transport has a leg in each of four corners (definitely not a bike).... ‘Ant’ her pony.   I also met a gentleman who went to school in Elie in the 1950’s (teacher Miss Storrar).  He eventually emigrated to Australia and is now back in Scotland and living in Laurencekirk.   I’m sure he said that he was a ‘Sutherland’ and Charles Sutherland was his brother.    If I remember correctly Charles (Charlie) Sutherland had something to with Balcarres Estate; Estate Factor perhaps?


Back at Ivy (and after another cuppa), I decided to go to Ainster Store to get a few bits and pieces.    I should have done that yesterday, when I was at the Dentist, but I wanted to see if the ‘Ainster Mutt’ photographs were OK.   Anyway I went this morning and was back in time to have a quick cuppa before going to the Friendship Lunch.  I made one slight mistake: I switched on the tele to see how the race (Tour of Britain) was progressing and promptly forgot about the lunch;  by the time I remembered it was 13.20.


20.30   We had a red sky sunset so Thursday is going to be another bonnie day; the sun burning off early morning mist to give us a sunny ....and hot afternoon.   After a busy morning I had a lazy afternoon;  and a migraine (weather).   The migraine probably explains why I had been feeling ‘iffy’ most of the afternoon.  This means an early night in bed with my book. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....