Lovely morning ....

21st September 2023 (Thursday)    08.45   It’s a lovely, ‘bright and

Leven roadworks.

breezy’, morning;  a good drying day.... with no mention of precipitation in the weather forecast.  The air is much cooler than it was yesterday but not overly cauld... I’ll leave any biking until afternoon, when the air should feel warmer.   I’ve hung out a washing, fed 'Blob' and well ready for my own breakfast now.

16.30   It has been a breezy but bonnie day... even though cool when exposed to the wind.   I had a restful few hours with Alice;  I had thought about going to the beach but that was not the place to be today, so we had a cuppa and chatted.... even a former Prime Minister came into the conversation at one point.  We had a bowl of soup and hole made Apple Crumble for lunch followed by another cuppa before I bumbled my way home.

I thought that temporary traffic lights and the associated roadworks, on Largo Road Leven were things of the past;  but there they were this morning.... though I think they might be short term.   Anyway, we had queues; both times I passed through them. I took a photo.

RNLI shed - Anstruther.

20.30   I’ve enjoyed myself today....a ‘nae flap on’ day: Ye Gods that’s rare.   I have no doubt I’ll find something to ‘flap’ about tomorrow.  Actually I already have something to ‘flap’ about;  I’m thinking about changing the car.  That’s a big decision for me to make on my own;  however a car is almost a necessity living in Earlsferry, especially with the winter coming in.   There you are I am in ‘Flap on’ mode.

I’m uncovering s lot of ‘different’ facts about Kinneuchar Kirk; but I’ll have to sort them out and knit the ones I know are ‘fact’ together.   Thankfully, the Rev Sime sketched the remains of the pre Reformation kirk that was converted for use as a Presbyterian kirk;  and I know what that conversion involved.  Loads o’ reading and drawing to do yet.

I took the latest drawing along to Methil, see what Alice thought of it;  luckily she liked it


so I can begin to finish that one.   I’ll take a break from drawing after that, and concentrate on the writing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....