Damp morning ....

8th September 2023 (Friday)     08.00....  When I first went out (06.00) I


thought my eyelids were still in the closed position.... I could hardly see the other side of Ferry Road for thick fog.  The heavy fog is still with us, but, (I’m feeling positive) the sun is busy burning it back into the North Sea as I type, and we will have a sunny, warm and humid afternoon.    I’ll go for the paper later in the morning.

17.00    I went for the paper later in the morning;  in fact I was so late in going that the air was hot and humid by the time I was back inside ‘Ivy’.  That said I enjoyed the ‘paper run’ especially when in the shelter of the Elie Estate trees; but out in the open there was a lack, of oxygen in the air.   Being as the ‘paper run’ was up to Kinneuchar followed by a potter through Elie Estate, then another potter to the harbour, most of the ‘paper run’ was in the sun.   Tomorrow is forecast to be hotter than today, so I’ll be going out first thing tomorrow morning before the sun actually breaks through.   Not only was I bothered by the heat....the 'paper run' was in fact a 'paperless run'....  I forgot the paper!  


18.45    ‘Blob’ (Robin) is settling in for the winter:  I know this because I’d left the front door open and he appeared in the kitchen, looking for his early morning Digestive crumbs.   He’s ‘tame’ already so this is the same ‘Blob’ as we had last winter.   This will be his second winter; he can be with us for half a dozen winters .... he and ‘we’ are lucky.

Although I am enjoying this spell of Indian summer weather it is a bit too warm/hot.   Tomorrow I intend being back in Ivy, with the paper, long before 11.00.... when the heat of the day becomes uncomfortable.  I have the ‘Tour of Britain' race tomorrow afternoon, (it finishes on Sunday) so I’ll keep an eye on that now and again, while working on the computer

21.00   Mist isn’t mentioned in tomorrow’s weather forecast but I imagine it will be


hazy.   The ‘Master Plan’ is to be on the move early and be back indoors, and stay there, until the heat of the day is past.   I should make good progress with the pens and pencils.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....