Windy and wet .....

19th September 2023 (Tuesday)    08.15 .... it’s wet and windy, not a the


kind of morning to do much outside:  I should make good progress with the Kinneuchar Project!   ‘Light rain with a moderate breeze’ the weather forecast for KY 9.... at the moment the rain is heavy, but it should become lighter and move away, to give us light rain showers with sunny spells by evening time:  and....it must be cold because the central heating has come on.

16.45   I took time out from doing research (reading The Annals of Colinsburgh) to go up to Chapel Green  on the bike.   The sky was overcast and there was a brisk NW breeze so it was not warm:  today’s photographs have a ‘cold look’ about them!   All was good up at Chapel Green (apart from the cold wind) but it wasn’t busy;  though I did meet Suzanne, out for a bit of exercise and a breath of fresh air.


I took a few photographs then made my way up to the Pony Field... it was really windy up there so I didn’t hang about, but took a few more photos.   Since then I’ve had a cuppa, downloaded the photos, sorted them out and I’m happy with what I got;  they look like it felt!    




20.30   I hear hammering and banging so work is going on apace next door; inside the new build and therefore out of sight from my side of the dyke.  I noticed a ‘roofers’ van in the general mix of vans this afternoon;  whether they are going to do the main roof or the flat roof  first, remains to be seen.... but the fact that the roofers are here is a sign of good progress.   ‘Blob’ and me just keep oot o’ the road.

It’s amazing what you find when researching something:   for instance one site considered for the new kirk (the present Kinneuchar kirk) was on the Colinsburgh road.... (presumably on the high ground to the south of Kinneuchar Mill).   However the

Looking towards Grangehill.

C of S bought the brewery that was on the site that the kirk now stands on;  and that gave us the kirk we have today.   I have a load o’ writing up to do so have a busy winter ahead.   Not that I think today was the start of winter..... !

It looks like we have a  windy and wet night ahead but the forecast for tomorrow is ‘light rain showers with a fresh breeze’.   We could have ‘sunny spells!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....