A nice morning ....

26th September 2023 (Tuesday)     09.00....  Just now the sky is overcast


and there’s a fresh breeze from the South;  ‘light rain showers with fresh breeze’ is the forecast so we should have sunny spells between the light showers.  I’ll go for the paper after breakfast .... via Elie Estate if the weather is OK.

16.00   It was overcast when I went out this morning and, although I could see showers towards the west of Fife, I decided to go.  I made for the harbour via South Street and the Terrace (forgot the paper).   Ronnie (Sinclair) was making sure his creel boat (‘Scruffy’) was prepared for the windy weather to come. 

A participant in a vintage car, doing a ‘Tour of Scotland’ Rally,  came down to the harbour car park, turned took a photo and went off on his merry way.   I’ve seen a lot of ‘Tour of Scotland’ vintage cars over the past couple of days... all with European number plates;  in fact I met the ‘Assistance’ car going up Ferry Road when I was on my way

South Entrance to Elie Estate.

home, having been through Elie Estate to see how the autumn colours were coming on.  The beech, and chestnut trees are changing colour, they are usually the first.   The rain never got as far as us, but showers clouds are still around us... and the air feels cooler than it did this morning.    We haven’t had a really long spell of sunshine;  just occasional short spells.

20.15   It seems a long time ago that I louped oot o’ ma bed so I must have had a busy day.  I have had a busy day.... having done some more hacking at the Ivy bush and swept up some more Rowan Tree leaves.   The Rowan has pinnate leaves and it’s the individual leaflets that stick to my shoes and end all over the place.... and eventually in the Hoover.  Actually I enjoyed weeping up the leaves but can only do it for a short time before having a five minute

St Ford farm.

break;  usually to work on a Sudoku.   I also did some work on the Kinneuchar Project;  so I’ve had a busy, but enjoyable day.  That said... I am looking forward to my bedtime mug o’ chocolate, loupin’ intae bed and readin a couple o’ chapters o’ my book.... ‘Give Unto Others’ by Donna Leon.

I heard rain batterin’ intae the windae a wee while ago so one of the showers must have drifted our way.  The Ivy hatches have been battened doon ready for the windy spell coming our way.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....