Lovely first day of autumn morning ....

1st September 2023 (Friday)      08.20 ....I was in the kitchen when

Traffic lights being set up.

something bright caught my eye, so I wandered out to the front gate, with my second cuppa of the morning... or was it the third?  in my hand; no matter, I wandered out to find a bloke, wearing a bright orange VHV (very high visibility)  jacket setting up a set of temporary traffic lights at Ferry Corner.    The bloke told me that it had something to do with a wall.    By now I was in ‘slight flap on’ mode! ... in fact I was in a serious stare of excitement;  something to photograph without leaving the front gate!   I’m a happy boy.... and off to have breakfast before ... probably moving my car.... cos it’s now within the new ‘traffic management area’.   Oh.... it’s a lovely morning;  near enough ‘wall to wall’ bloo sky.

19.30   Autumn (Meteorological) has begun with, gorgeous almost summer like weather... and the forecast is good for the next few days.  After the above update I felt that I could do the beach (the first time I have felt positive about that for nigh on three weeks); to the beach I went, and enjoyed a ‘walk’ on the sand.   Today was a Spring tide and it was the lowest I have ever known at - 0.3.   The previous lowest was -0.2.... about 12 years ago.   It was a good tide for looking for lobsters with the cleek.   Not many people do that nowadays... David was the only one I met that was going out to the rocks.


After breakfast I biked up to the Chemist to hand in my prescription....  then on to the harbour.   I met Honor and Jock who had been out for a romantic run in the car.   I only found out today that Jock does not give Honor breakfast in bed;  in fact it’s the total opposite:  Honor spoils Jock, always making him cuppas and making sure that his golf clubs are sparkling clean.  Jock is inadvertently (I like that word ... I don’t know if it’s in the right place but it looks good) helping Honor stay slim and fit, by allowing her to run after him; he is a thoughtful boy.   I did that for Maggie.... it’s what husbands do.   I circumnavigated the villages, photographing the large mutt (Scottie) adjacent to the sauna at the harbour.... and picking up my paper on the way home.

After lunch I sorted out today’s batch of photographs before going out to the Hutte to fall asleep.  I woke up and did some pencil work.

I can’t understand why there are some days that I know I will manage a walk to the


beach; my knee is still sore but for some reason not as bad as it usually is.... and my breathing ‘nae bad’ verging on good.  It will probably be another three weeks or so before that happens again.   It has to be a weather thing.

The Ferry Road traffic lights have been uplifted so all is good again.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....