Cool .....

23rd September 2023 (Saturday)     Autumnal Equinox.  

 08.45  I was expecting a sunnier start to Saturday;  it’s cloudy at the moment and not very

Incharvie Equestrian 'troops'.

warm....I’ll go out once the sun breaks through and the air warmer.  Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze is the forecast for today but there’s Yellow Warning for heavy rain on Sunday.

15.45   The sun never really made a breakthrough;  in fact the weather has been disappointing.... I was looking for a few ‘sunny spells’ not blinks of sunshine.   I eventually went out on the bike in the afternoon;  only to Chapel Green, Kinneuchar and Incharvie.   It was not warm but I was well wrapped up and enjoyed the exercise.  It started to spit rain on the way home.  Heavy rain is forecast for Sunday afternoon through to midnight the period covered by the Yellow Warning.

18.45    I’ve had reasonable day as far as doing stuff goes: I had hoped to get up to Balcarres on the bike but the weather was not favourable.... and that upset the Owlbert apple cart.  I’m hoping to find something decent to watch on the tele this evening....something relaxing.


The villages appear to be busy this weekend; I don’t know if it’s a holiday somewhere but we’ve had a lot of young families going up and down Ferry Road... and Chapel Green was busy with walkers in spite of the cool air.





22.00    Tonight was the first round of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’  so I watched that;  then found a programme called ‘Britain’s Best Beach Huts’... and some of them are amazing .... you could even get married in one on Herne Bay pier.

This has been a strange day;  I never really got into it at all.   We will have a ‘sunny


spells’ morning tomorrow so I’ll get out early because the afternoon could be wet.   A turn round the villages at the beginning of the day would be a good start to Sunday.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....