Overcast but dry ....

17th September 2023 (Sunday)    08.00 ....  the sky is rather cloudy this


morning, but, according the  weather forecast, there’s only a ‘low chance of precipitation’, so it could be a nice enough day, albeit overcast.   I’m going to have another cuppa then get the bike out; there’s a big lump o’ really dark cloud .... and it looks like it could rate higher than ‘low chance o’ precipitation’; hence  the other cuppa.   In fact I might have breakfast before I go out.  

15.00    I went out... but not on the bike:  it was one those days when I felt that I could go to the beach.... so that is what I did.   There was some light drizzle  at the time (now and again) but not enough to put the camera away.   Since then the sky has remained heavily overcast.... but we haven’t had any rain;  that said, the sky to the West looks like it’s full of rain.

I was making a cuppa (a couple of hours ago) when I thought I saw a Traffic Warden passing the window;  if it was, that would be a ‘first’;  I didn’t think Traffic Wardens worked on a Sunday.    The Ferry didn’t look that busy when I was out earlier.  


22.00    Grey days always appear to be long.... and today fell well into that category.   Although I’ve been busy I’ve never really got ‘fired up’ with enthusiasm for doing very much;  however made good progress with the pens and pencils so Sunday hasn’t been a totally lazy day. 

There’s a heap o’ thunderstorms making their way across the English Channel just now ....heading for sunny Sussex.   England, from the South up to the Midlands, is covered by a Yellow Warning for thunderstorms overnight.  We’re meant to have heavy rain later tonight.... and probably wake up to rain in the morning; but no mention of thunder.   I'm looking forward to sunny spells’ tomorrow.... afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....