Lovely morning ....

9th September 2023 (Saturday)     08.30....  Maggie and me were married, in Kinneuchar Manse, 62 years ago today, by Rev Robin Mitchell;  my word how time flies!  And....  Mirabel, a workmate at the Craw’s, was born on this day 62 years ago so, “Happy Birthday Mirabel” and “Happy Anniwersary” to ‘us’.

It’s a lovely, misty autumn morning;  it was 17c on the thermometer at 06.15.   It’s going to


be a cosy afternoon.   
It’s going to be a cosy afternoon.

10.45   I have been ‘roond the villages' on the bike' (and remembered to get the paper) on this glorious morning;  and I took a wheen o’ photographs to play with.  The air was comfortably warm but it’s starting to heat up now;  I intend to ‘lie low’ in Ivy until the heat of the days is past;  drinking loads o' water.  

When up at Chapel Green I met a gentleman who had been watching the Basking Shark that seems to have taken up residence in West Bay.   I imagine that the two paddle boarders I saw had also seen it.   Vincent got a beautiful video of it from his motorboat the other day.   I must remember to keep an eye out for it whenever I’m up at Chapel Green.

16.00   My appointment for the flu and COVID booster jabs arrived yesterday;  14.22 on the 9th November.... at the Randolph Wemyss.  Had they known that I visit Alice regularly, I’m sure they would have said ... “as you are always annoying Alice we have decided to give you an appointment in Tayport to give Alice a break!”   I’m a happy boy.  Alice?...oh....she will be a happy girl?....I think!

I have coped with the heat perfectly today;  out early then stay in until the temperature


drops to ‘comfortable’ (20C):  it is 24C (in the shade) just now.  What a difference being sensible makes!.....I must remember to do ‘sensible’ oftener.








20.00   It been uncomfortably hot this afternoon;  anytime I stepped outside Ivy (and that wasn’t often) it was like opening an oven door.   And it’s still hot.   I thought this was going to be the last ‘hot’ day but according to the weather forecast lassie Sunday will be almost as hot....with a Yellow Warning for thunder, active from 14.00  through to

midnight.  I was planning on visiting Alice tomorrow but I’ll have to see what the weather is doing.  I’ll go for the paper first thing and see how the air feels then.   A thunderstorm would clear the air.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....