Calm morning ....

22nd September 2023 (Friday)     07.45.... we have a calm, mostly cloudy


start to Friday, but it’s dry so I’ll get the bike out after I’ve given ‘Blob’ his breakfast.  Thundery showers, with sunny spells, are forecast for the afternoon, so there should be some interesting clouds.   I’m vertical and ready to go.... but not very far as the bike battery is ‘low’.

10.00   Although cool, with occasional spots o’ light rain, I enjoyed the ‘paper run’.... and the battery had enough in it to get me to the harbour;  and back.   It (the battery) is being charged, ready for action in the afternoon... weather permitting.

We had a bonnie sunrise sky this morning, but I wasn’t ready for action, so didn’t get a photo.   I’d just had a shower and looked like bedraggled mutt;  if I'd gone to the gate someone might have put a collar and lead on me and taken me for a walk!

16.45   The bike battery is fully charged... and ready for action tomorrow morning.   I didn’t go out this afternoon because I fell sound asleep... and I mean sound asleep.   As is the norm when I wake up, the first thing I do is ‘put the kettle’ on, then have a wander out to the gate to see what’s happening .... and to get myself fully alert!    Wellll... maybe not fully alert... awake would do!   Anyway , lying on the bike bag was a V&A presentation box pair of secateurs with William Morris print handle;  that took me


back to my days at Kirkcaldy Technical College Painting and Decorating Course;  and a box containing a ‘Stride’ personal alarm watch that operates when someone falls (off their bike for instance).... via satellite.   My first thought was that Alice and Izzy had been along when I was asleep;  in fact, Izzy had been on her own, while Alice had been at home packing her case!    I'm wide awake... in fact it's the widest awake I've been for a long time!




20.15   ‘Sunny with a gentle breeze’ is the weather forecast for Saturday.... but it’s going to be colder.  There’s a Yellow warning out, for rain on Sunday, that includes Fife so tomorrow will be an exercise day.   Sunday will be a ‘rest’ day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....