Feeling 'brave' ....

5th September 2023 (Tuesday)    08.30    Even though it was hot last night , I


had a ‘nae bad’ night’s sleep;  only waking up at 02.30 to throw the downie off.   I read for half an hour then fell asleep again.    We have a lovely sunny and warm morning, but the breeze is from the ENE so it might not be as hot, in the afternoon, as it was yesterday .... and certainly not as hot as it’s going to be in much of England, especially the south, for the next few days. 

Am I in ‘brave sojer’ mode and looking forward to my appointment with the dentist? ...not quite but I am looking forward to  getting a few photographs of the ‘Ainster Mutt’ ...oops.. 'Scottie’; and the harbour.

12.30    The Dentist mission was a dawdle;  it was only a check up, but I have an appointment (Oct 12th) to get my teeth cleaned and tidied up.   I have ‘new’ dentist; Gareth, originally from the USA, but the dental nurse is the same lassie.  There were four of us waiting to be called in; another elderly man and me and two in their thirties.  The two oldies were doing old fashioned talking, the younger two were on their i-phones.   Just shows how things have changed; in a few years waiting rooms will be silent.

Anstruther.

20.00   This has been another lovely Indian Summer day; and I am enjoying it though I have to stay out of the heat in the afternoon.   The wind was off the sea today, and, on my way to Anstruther I could see bank of haar to the East of May Island.   That could drift in tomorrow morning;  early morning mist is mentioned in tomorrow’s weather forecast, but when that clears it’s going to be another hot day.    The Amber heat warning for England covers the whole of England now, bar the North East, which has a Yellow Warning.  Scotland is going to be warm but not dangerously so.  

I’m thinkin’ it could be the History Society coffee and chat at the Pav tomorrow morning;  and we definitely have a Friendship Lunch in the Kirk Hall.  I’ll check out the Pav at 10.30.... and might  even go to the Friendship Lunch though there isn’t much time between them.  

I’ve enjoyed today;  it was good catching up with my Dental Nurse... and meeting my

Anstruther 'Scottie'.

new dentist Gareth.   I didn’t see or meet anyone I knew when In Anstruther;  I meant to go to the Fisheries Museum workshop to see if Wince was working but forgot.   I’ll see him on the 12th October. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....