Breezy but warm ....

25th September 2023 (Monday)     08.30....there’s frisky wind with an


interesting sky... and it’s mild even though it is windy.  Light rain showers could rattle over in the afternoon.   I might go out on the bike once the sun breaks through but it depends on just how fresh the wind is.   It is the equinoctial gale season so we can expect breezy weather;  in fact most of the UK (including Fife) is covered by a Yellow Warning for wind, from Wednesday through to Thursday.     

11.30   When the rain came on I decided to birl along to Leven and do a ‘emergency ration’ shopping;  the weather is supposed to be brighter after lunch... it might even be a good drying afternoon.  At the moment I’m considering having an early lunch so that I can take advantage of the bright and breezy afternoon. 


20.30    The afternoon turned out lovely.... and I took advantage of it.   It was breezy (F4) but it wasn’t a cold wind so I did a tour of the villages...flattened the bike battery and charged it up ready for tomorrow.  With the afternoon being ‘bright and breezy’ I did a washing... and it dried in ‘nae time’.   Ironing is my next job.

The villages were busy because this was the Glasgow weekend:  a few years ago the Ferry would have been choc-a-bloc  with vehicles but it wasn’t that bad this weekend.   Strangely enough most of the folk I spoke to came from England!   Everything has changed around the East Neuk since COVID arrived on the scene; of course it could be that it’s just me getting older: but I don’t think it’s just that, there’s change all around and it’s hard to keep up with it all.

22.00   Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ is to play in the morning, because showers are forecast for the


afternoon, then organise the crock pot, and ingredients to make a batch o’ Scotch Broth for the freezer, on Wednesday. 

NASA’s amazing achievement of retrieving material from an asteroid had me reminiscing last night:  about Dan Dare, Digby and Professor Joyclyn Peabody, of  Eagle comic fame... and their continual battle with the Mekon.  I had an Eagle badge... probably still up in the attic!   Sometimes I worry about ‘me’. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....