Bright, breezy and warm.....


3rd September 2023
(Sunday)    09.30 .... It is ‘bright, breezy (F4) and warm... even in the wind.   I’ve been out for the paper (oor Wullie) and at the harbour.... now I’m ready for breakfast.    The plan is to go to Methil to visit Alice, and we’ll pop down to Leven and photograph the Leven Scottie(s).    The immediate ‘plan’ is to have another cuppa;  although I had a good night’s sleep I still feel tired.


21.00    The roads were awfie busy, in both directions, when I was travelling to Methil this morning;  this is Sunday and I expected them to be quiet.    The Scotties’ Art Trail will have families out with the bairns looking for the ‘Scotties’.   When I think about it The Leven Scottie was being well admired and photographed.   One man was out, with his two bairns, intending to do the East Neuk today.   They did St Andrews yesterday.   10 years ago I’d have done the whole lot on my pre battery bike over a few days (including Lindores);  so far I have ‘bagged’ two ....Elie and Leven.    I’ll let the initial excitement die down then Alice and I will potter around and bag a few more.   I see that Fisher and Donaldson in St Andrews have one of the small ones in the window.   Do I need a Fudge doughnut?


Myra and Kirsty dropped by in the afternoon and we arranged to have lunch at the 19th Hole on the 14th September.  We shared each other’s snippets of local news; I have forgotten it all.... even my own contribution.

I will be in ‘slight flap on’ mode until 11.05 on Tuesday; that’s when I’ll be coming out of the Dentist’s.  I have never bothered about going to the dentist, but I am apprehensive this time.... because of my asthma problems.  My teeth haven’t been bothering me and this is only a check up... the first since the pandemic.

Tomorrow is going to be a potter around day;  there’s a new drawing to start and I might do a wee bit to the garden.   The weather forecast is ‘good day for pottering around’.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....