Warm and humid ... .....

1th September 2023 (Monday)     07.30 .... there’s been some rain  overnight 


but  we now have  an interesting sky as the rain clears away.... and we should have sunny spells  by mid morning.    I was expecting the air to be fresher but that should happen once the wind freshens;  at the moment its muggy.

15.45    It’s a beautiful day but I expected it to be fresher;  the fact that is isn’t fresh means I’ve been lying low since 12.30.   I should get out in the evening.  Tomorrow is forecast to be cooler (fresher)....’sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ being the forecast for KY9.   A good drying day so I'll get the bathroom, kitchen lobby floors done.


I've been busy getting organised for the boiler service on Wednesday morning;  and watered the cactus plants.   They have been sadly neglected this year, but manage to survive in spite of that.   They probably think they are in their native desert.... wherever that is!

21.00   There was a lovely sky at sunset time, so I got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green;  it was one of those quiet evenings and a lot of folk were out enjoying it.  I had been pottering around Ivy all day and was glad to get out.   I had planned to go out early but it was wet; by the time the sky cleared it was then too hot.... hence the evening trip. 

Janice sent me a photo of a Box moth that appeared in their lounge (Uckfield, Sunny

Box Tree moth. (from Janice - Sussex).

Sussex:  I thought “now there’s useful insect for re-cycling.... it eats boxes”!  Then I realised that Box Wood hedge is the food plant for the grub, and it is in fact a pest; the moth isn’t.... it’s the grub that eats the hedges.   The moths first appeared in the South East of England (from Asia) in 2007 and are spreading:  even as far as Fife, where one was recorded 2018.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....