2nd September 2023 (Saturday)    08.45.... We have a bit of early morning


mist which should burn off fairly rapidly to give us a really bonnie summer like day;  in fact the next few days are forecast to be warm and mostly sunny.    I haven’t been anywhere so far;  but I’ve washed the car windscreen and sent in the gas and electricity readings.   Actually I’m feeling slightly sluggish after a busy day (for me) yesterday.    This is going to be a rest day.... though I’ll bike up to Chapel Green at some point.

10.00    This is not ‘iggzactly’ a good drying day but I’ve hung out a washing anyway.... the warm sun should dry it by evening time: The early morning mist is slowly clearing and we should have a warm and sunny afternoon.   I’ll have morning coffee then get the pens and pencils out.  


20.30   It has been a day of gorgeous summertime weather.... and there’s more to come.   I’ve had a quiet rest day;  in fact it was too hot for me in the afternoon and slipped into siesta mode for a few hours.   The remainder of the day I pottered about finishing off the last of the Kinneuchar Project drawings of the kirk that was in use prior to the present building.   The drawings are based on sketches by the Rev Sime in 1818;  the original sketches are in the HES (Historic Scotland) archive.  I’ve just remembered that there’s another sketch (not by Rev Sime), of the present Kinneuchar kirk in 1830.... just after it had opened.   I’ll do that one too.    Anyway I am uploading three of my version of the Rev. Sime’s original views today to let you see what I have been doing.   My reason for doing ‘my version’ (I have permission from HES) is so that I can use my own drawings as long as I credit Rev Sime and HES.  There are a few more drawings but I’ll write it all up and upload everything onto my blog in the not too distant future..   Oh ... my ‘friend’ the Rev Sime was not a Kinneuchar Kirk minister.  

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow?.... I’ll go for the paper before the streets are busy, then, after


breakfast I’ll visit Alice; we’re going to photograph the Leven ‘Scotties’.   We’ll do the coastal villages in the middle of the week(s) when the villages should be quieter.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....