Beautiful autumnal morning ....

13th September 2023 (Wednesday)      08.30 .... It’s a lovely fresh


morning.... cool compared with what we’ve had for the past couple of weeks but more like middle of September weather.  This will be a rest day for me... .until the boiler service is done anyway.  That said, I‘m going to spend a lot of time drawing so I’ll be happy.    I haven’t been for the paper and I’d better not go now as the engineer could turn up any time after 09.00.   Anyway we have a beautiful day here in Elie and Earlsferry;  and I’m ready for breakfast.

13.00    That’s the boiler serviced for another year; now I can go ‘oot tae play’, after a bowl o’ soup and a sandwich for lunch.  It’s still a beautiful day but the sky is beginning to cloud over and we could have showers by evening time.   I’ve been busy all morning, not strenuous work, but.... drawing is good exercise for the brain cell; and relaxing.  


15.45    By the time I went out on the bike the sky had clouded over and it was chilly.... and the bike battery was low so I only got as far as Chapel Green; which was just as well because a migraine (weather change) kicked in.  I met Marcia and Stephanie Anne up at Chapel Green;  the girls had been to Harry Thomson’s Memorial Service.   Harry farmed St Ford before retiring....(St Ford is now run by his son Donald).....to enjoy family time, golf and curling.  My thoughts are with his wife Hazel and all the Thomson family at this sad time.

19.38    The bike has a fully charged battery ready for an early ‘paper run’ tomorrow morning:  having said that.... when I was out at t  few minutes ago, he bucker it had started to rain, so it might not be an early paper run.  KY9 is forecast to have heavy rain overnight but it should be cleared away by 06.00.  Depending on how ‘heavy’ heavy is, and how much water is lying around I might get out early.

I have had an active enough day but the migraine put the brakes on my activities: 

Macduff's cave.

however I’m happy with what I have done ...and the boiler is done for another year.   I’ve taken a couple o’ pills and will now browse the TV channels and have a lazy evening....assuming I find something interesting to watch.  I see on the News that, the ‘powers that be’ are softening pensioners up re scrapping the ‘triple lock’ way of calculating the State Pension.   If we can afford expensive pie in the sky stuff like the high speed rail link ... and Trident .... we can afford to pay a decent State Pension.    I do believe that was a ‘slight moan’ .... and I feel better for it.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....