Overcast and damp....

15th September 2023 (Friday)     07.45.... It’s not a bonnie looking


morning ....the sky is heavily overcast and it’s starting to rain;  and the forecast is ‘heavy rain with a light breeze’, with no mention of the sunny spells.   That’s boring.  I’ll go shopping in the morning and hope the sky breaks up in the afternoon.  Right now the kettle is on and I’m ready for breakfast.

10.45    I am back in Ivy (for the rest of the day if the weather forecast is correct) after my shopping trip.   The messages (including a few naughties that louped into the trolley) have been put away and I’m about to have morrrrrrrrning coffee (and an apple turnover) while contemplating my next move.   Actually, I don’t think it’s raining at the moment so I might go for a turn ‘roond the Ferry’;  there’s nae wind so it isn’t cold.

13.30   It was raining when I thought about going out earlier, and it’s still raining:  I wouldn’t call it heavy rain, it’s steady and wet.... but the sky looks like there’s a lot more to come.  The Fife Weather cams are all showing grey;  I'm thinking it will be tomorrow before I get my ‘sunny spells’.   I’ll have another cuppa (and one of the naughties that louped intae the trolley) then go out to The Hutte.   

19.30    It has been damp today; the rain hasn’t been heavy but it has been persistent, more like step back to our summer weather. The pollen count was low.  

I never went out after I got back from Leven; what I did do was brought forward tomorrow’s plan to this afternoon.... and did a batch cooking.   I’m counting on the sunny spells coming our way tomorrow.   The ‘plan’ (assuming the weather is amenable) is to go out on the bike then visit Alice... who is feeling ‘in the pink’, a nice shade o’ Calamine Lotion pink.   Today's photographs were taken yesterday!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....