Bonnie, bright and breezy, morning....

14th September 2023 (Thursday)     09.00 .... It’s a bright and breezy


morning;  when I think about it the autumnal Equinox is on the 23rd,  so this will be the first of the  equinoctial gales.   Anyway it’s a lovely, fresh morning, but there is a touch of wind chill.    I took the car up to get the paper as I needed milk. ... the paper has been picked up and I had a short visit to the harbour.   All is good ....and I can have my Cornflakes!

11.15   Alice had to go to the Victoria Hospital last night as she had an allergic reaction to something and came out in a rash.  I phoned her earlier but she was either out visiting or still in the Vic.   I’ll phone again later in the afternoon;  she is bound to need tormenting.

20.00   ‘The Team’ enjoyed lunch at the19th;  my ‘plan’ was to have something other than my usual fish ‘n chips.... but there’s new Chef at the 19 th,  the Waitress mentioned  Lemon Sole  and that was it.... posh ‘fish ‘n chips’ with trimmings.   The three of us had the Lemon Sole; my word that was one tasty lunch.   I might try something different next month;  it probably all depends on what the waitress suggests on the day.   Anyway lunch


at the 19th was really enjoyable, food and company being excellent as ever.   The pub was busier than I expected it to be on a Thursday.   It was a content ‘Team’ that made their separate ways home;  the girls to have rest before going to the Toon Hall to play mah-jong.... 'the boy’ to settle down in front of the tele with a cuppa. I woke up to a cold cuppa ... and a different programme on the tele.

With me having the boiler serviced this week I have been in ‘slight flap on’ state so the ‘plan' for the next couple of days is to ‘de-flap’ .... and have  relaxing time with the pens and pencils.

Meara, a friend and neighbour that lives ‘across the road’, drove Alice to the Vic for an


appointment at 23,15.... they were back home at 01.30.  The hospital was unexpectedly busy. The long and short of it is; Alice is back home with another box of tablets that should get rid of the rash.... but they don’t know what caused the rash.

Rain showers or even spells of light rain are mentioned i the weather forecast for us tomorrow:  I am looking for ‘sunny spells’!

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....