Misty morning ....

4th September 2023 (Monday)   09.00 ....  A touch of  the ”Season of mists

Merganser with a couple of Eider Duck.

and mellow fruitfulness”(John Keats) this morning.   It’s a lovely autumnal morning.... and will be a warm and sunny day after the sun burns the mist off.   I think I’ll have morrrrrrning coffee at Chapel Green today as I’m in an autumnal kind of mood.... I need to rest after a busy weekend; and enjoy this ‘Indian summer’.

20.45   I’m likin’ this Indian summer....in fact, half a dozen Indian Summer’s would be welcome after the drab 'Summer' summer we had this year.  I am enjoying this weather even though I have to stay in during the heat of the day.   Luckily I have the Tour of Britain Cycle race this week, and watching that takes in the hottest part of the day. 

Redshank and Oyster Catcher.

With it being a good drying day I did a woollen wash.... and ‘worked’ on the latest (and last) drawing.   This one (which I found only a couple of days ago) knits all the others together;  but it’s a tricky blighter and will take a few days to do.  I’m also researching in the afternoon so the time is not all spent catnapping.  

Tomorrow is ‘dentist day’;  I had to change the first appointment I had (six weeks ago) as it was for 15.00 and I am nae guid in the afternoon.   I’d fall asleep as soon as the dentist put the chair horizontal!    Anyway I my appointment is at 10.45.

I eventually went out on the bike in the early evening...., and then only as far as Chapel


Green.  Everywhere was quiet and even the birds seemed to be enjoying the balmy weather;  including a small raft of migrating Merganser.

I have the feeling that this could be uncomfortably warm for sleeping;  but could be a good ‘research’ night!   The kettle might be ‘on’ at 03.00. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....