Warm and overcast ....

24th September 2023 (Sunday)     08.00 .... The sky is overcast and it has


been raining but its dry just now.... and warmer than yesterday.   I’ll have another cuppa, see how the weather is and maybe even get the bike out.  We should have long sunny spells this morning.... with a ‘high chance of heavy rain’ in the late afternoon.   Yep... another cuppa then get the bike out!

13.00   I had a good morning out on the bike;  I only went as far as the harbour, where I lingered for over an hour.... the sea was balmy the air warm, not quite as warm as Barbados, but much warmer than yesterday!    I saw half a dozen kayaks were being prepared for action so I thought I’d get them going out; but I eventually gave up waiting for that to happen, after an hour, and set off for home; remembering to pick up the paper on the way!   Since then I have downloaded the morning's photos, sorted through some of them.... and had a migraine (weather change).


19.30    I’ve had a quiet afternoon writing up the Kinneuchar Project;  it’s all beginning to come together so I thought now was the time to start writing.  The rain that was forecast arrived, more or less on time, but has blown over and we have an interesting sky full of windblown clouds... and no rain at this time.   I’ll go and get a few photographs of the Ferry High Street.




21.30    Alice and Izzy are enjoying their break  on the ‘Sooth Side’ (based East Linton);  they visit different National Trust places so, Alice will be loaded with historical information when I see her on Thursday.

We had a colourful and interesting sky this evening with ‘Mammatus’ (named after cow’s

Mammatus clouds.

udders) clouds showing for a short time.   It has been a strange day of different weather;  I enjoyed it... and recorded it!   Back to common old ‘light rain and fresh breeze’ tomorrow;  there could be a few interesting clouds... and I should get out on the bike!



The NASA capsule containing samples taken from asteroid Bennu landed in the US of A as planned.   That’s an astounding feat by NASA!   Imagine what could be achieved if humans the world over  cooperated with each other: instead of fechtin’, as they have done since the ‘Garden of Eden’!   Its sad that it should be the never ending race to find better ways to kill each other that got us to the moon etc.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....