Calm morning ....

27th September 2023 (Wednesday)     11.30 .... The paper has been


uplifted!.... I’ve been to the harbour, chatted to Iain and Victor (Boullet) and did a quick tour of the villages;  on what is a beautiful, calm, warm morning albeit slightly overcast.   I’m well ready for lunch now!   





20.00   The weather has behaved ‘iggzactly’ as was forecast and we now have a windy and sometimes wet, night ahead.  Luckily I went out on the bike when the weather was at its most benign; tomorrow will start wet and windy but should brighten up by mid morning.... and be windy with the chance of heavy showers.

I’ve been a busy boy;  after a few stressful days contemplation, I have finally bought a ‘new’ car, from Mercury Motors:  a 2012 Ford Fiesta.   This has been probably the most stressful time I’ve had since Maggie died; why?....because, living on your own you don’t


have anyone to bounce ideas off: also, living in the Ferry without a car became much harder once the ‘95’ bus service was withdrawn.... especially in the winter time.   I used the ‘95’ a lot because it was ‘there’ and on a regular timetable.   Anyway I will get my ‘new’ car at the beginning of next week I imagine.   Not that I’m in a hurry because I still have ‘sooper buggy MkII’... and could have until 25th November when the MOT runs out.  

Me being the way I am (‘Flap on’ etc,) I had vision of getting into a fankle trying to do the transfer by online banking.... (which I’m reasonably good at for ordinary things);  so I went to the Bank in Leven where Ana did it in minutes!.... printed receipt and everything.   Being in the actual Bank they didn’t have to do any phone checks etc.   I came away a happy boy... ‘flap off’.

I popped up to Alice’s but she was at Sainsbury’s when I was at the High Street.    No


matter I’m going to see Alice tomorrow to catch up with all the excitement of her short break with Izzy.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....